Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Where Is The Jail And How Do I Get In?

Recently I began engaging my fellow citizens at a Facebook site "Independents" this site has 6,384 Fans - and as I look at the page where people post links and discuss them, I see roughly 13 people actually engaged in any dialogue - if that - and a few more on the discussions page (which is looking dead)... So out of over 6,000 people who are fed up with the status quo- in any given week maybe 20 of them are interested in interacting... Whew- it is little wonder that we are in the condition we are in- But respect, I know, the kids need fed- second jobs are being worked-American Idol needs its pound of flesh- And you know, while I hate to admit it - this site is right in line with my person experience- I would guesstimate that out of every 6,000 Americans I have met, maybe 20 give a shit/or have the time to give a shit, about whats happening with politics. -("If you don't do politics, politics will do you" Ralph Nader) But we are in trouble here folks -Did anyone notice that we have no more industrial base in this country? - How about the depression? I think we are all acutely aware of that.- And I'm sure we are all cognizant that the "Gulf of America" is dieing (credit to Stephen Colbert- We cant call it the Gulf of Mexico - we broke it - we bought it). . . I mean I don't want to be chicken little here - but .. umm... THE MUTHA FUCKIN SKY IS FALLIN! - Hello? Our country has gone full blow Fascist. I know I'm not the only one who saw the report on "Experiments in Torture: Medical Group Accuses CIA of Carrying Out Illegal Human Experimentation" This shit is right out of Schindler's list. How bad does it have to get before people start going to jail for justice (credit to Anne Feeney) ?

Do the math my friends -

Torture practiced on an administrative basis + Corporations being given unfettered access to our democratic institutions + Presidential power to order assassination of US citizens + Extra judicial detention with out charge or trial + 2 wars of aggression = FASCISM - Fascism is no longer on the march in this country it is not even at a full run- it has arrived and it has the most righteous liberal demeanor you could imagine.

Who got my bail? I mean I got room mates who count on my share of the rent- and a dog who needs some kibble. Like most of you I can't blow off my responsibilities, but I have had enough. And I know I ain't the only one. But ... The cost of my convictions is homelessness-Bahhh , or is it Moo. I am worker meet, here to insure the Rockefellers get their interest. BS folks - lets just try to do better. Is there an accountant in the house? One who could run a bail fund. So people with convictions can take the chance and go to jail without going homeless over their choice to resist tyranny. Because I guar-on-goddamn-tee you that those who have power now are not going to hand that power over at the ballot box. Non-violent resistance to unjust authority is requisite to meaningful change. Will we wait until we literally have NOTHING to loose? I'm saying we save the "authorities" time, money and space. Protests should be held at local jails - cut to the chase- let them make their arrests- pay the bail and come back next week to do it again. Choke this system off at the judicial root- after all it is the judiciary that has handed our country over to corporations with their recent decision to grant monsters (corporations) the same rights as citizens. We are being devoured by the profit motive. Does anyone want to resist? 'Cause I'm starting to feel like a punk - not a citizen of the most powerful nation the world has ever seen. . . Actually, I have been feeling that way for about 20yrs, only now, I'm beginning to get the impression that maybe, just maybe its not only me.

No comments:

Post a Comment